Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mail?

Yesterday afternoon, just like most other days, I walked to the mailbox with excitement.  I was excited to see if I was lucky enough to get a letter this day.  I unlocked the box and pulled it open, but to my disappointment it was empty, again.  With disappointment, I walked back up to the apartment. 
Yesterday was just like most other days when it comes to mail.  I love receiving letters, but it sometimes feels like they are few and far between.  As I was thinking about this, a thought popped into my mind.  I realized that I haven't been writing very many letters myself, in fact, almost none.  I came to the conclusion that if I want to receive mail, I must write first.
I feel that this can also be related to our prayers.  We love receiving answers to our prayers; but if we don't pray very much, we won't receive very many answers in return.

1 comment:

  1. This made me sad but i don't think i would be allowed to write you. But more people love you than you know.

    Kari Chalmers

    ReplyDelete