Saturday, October 23, 2010

Roads of Life

I have traveled up and down a lot of roads, but this one caught my eye.  This road is in St. Marie, Montana.  This is a old Air Force base that has been shut down for quite a few years.  As you can tell, this road hasn't had a lot of travel on it and hasn't been kept up, and slowly it is being overrun by the grasses and weeds.
As I look at this road it makes me think about life.  We have lots of different roads in life we can take; some roads we keep up better than others, and others have much more traffic.  My hope is that we don't neglect the road that leads us back to our Heavenly Father.  If we have let weeds and grass start growing over it, I know that through our Savior Jesus Christ we can cut them back, and through repentance, refinish the road again.

2 comments: