Saturday, March 26, 2011

"RISE ABOVE THE BLUES"

Change can be difficult.  I have had a lot of experiences on my mission that have really made me change.  It is interesting to be able to look back on my life and see how things were placed in front of me to remind me who I am.  Every experience we go through is for a reason.  Our whole mortal life is for a reason.  Our purpose is to find out who we are, and change to become what we were meant to become!


Who are we?  We are children of God!  Romans 8: 16 reads, "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:".  We were divinely created to come to earth and gain a body.  Genesis 1: 27 reads, "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Why are we here on earth?  We are here to learn and grow, change!  Alma 34: 32 reads, "For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors."  The purpose for us being here is to learn to become like our Heavenly Father.  We make mistakes and change.  Christ came and overcome our weaknesses.  If we trust in him and repent, we can move on and be forgiven.  We can become a new person!  We can become what we were created to become!  This is only possible because of what our Savior did!

Can we change?  Yes!  Jesus Christ made it possible to overcome our mistakes.  We are not just acted upon, we have the choice of how we react.  We will not be forced.  God gave us agency.  2 Nephi 2: 27 reads, "Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself."

I have been molded and changed by the Savior.  I have a long way to go yet, but I can see what has been done so far.  I am so thankful for Him!  Some experiences I have been through were really hard for me!  I can testify that, as I look back on them, my Savior was helping me!  All things have a reason.  We are free to choose what we do with them.  I know that prayer is a powerful tool! 

Images found at:
http://lds.org/new-era/1988/04/mormonad?lang=eng&query=Mormonad+rise+above+blues
http://www.sugardoodle.net/sdclipart/?category_name=pottery

No comments:

Post a Comment