Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How can we find stability in a world of trouble?

I can't begin to count how many times on my mission I have heard, many times in many ways, people express a voice of concern because of all the bad in the world.  This is a topic that weighs on a lot of our minds.  I feel like there is a push to find stability and safety.  In the world there is much concern and confusion.  In this quest to find safety physically and spiritually, we must turn to God. 

When we turn to God we seek His Spirit and His words.  We can receive council from God as we study the scriptures.  The scriptures are God's word given to man through His Prophets.  Nephi, a Prophet in the Book of Mormon, said this about the scriptures, "And I said unto them that it was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would  hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction."  This is found in 1 Nephi 15:24.  If we desire to be safe and have peace, we must study the scriptures.

Another thing we can do to turn to God is to pray.  We have this great blessing given to us.  Each of us, individually, can talk with our loving Heavenly Father.  I can testify that he hears and answers our prayers.

Lastly, we must listen to and follow the Prophet.  Like Prophets of old who recorded what we have now in our scriptures, we have a Prophet today.  The line of communication from God is still open and we receive revelation from Him today.      

Something I have been asked a lot of questions about is the future, including what I think will happen in 2012.  To answer this question I have to say that I don't know what will happen exactly.  What I do know is that if we study the scriptures, pray, and follow the Prophet; we will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment