Friday, December 3, 2010

My Savior, Jesus Christ

For the past few weeks for about a half an hour a day, I have been looking up scriptures about the Savior.  I have really enjoyed doing this because I have come to know my Savior a little more.  One thing I have really come to realize is that without him and his sacrifice, all would be utterly lost.  He is the only one who could do what was asked.  He, though sinless and perfect, descended below ALL things and made it possible for me to change from my weaknesses.  He humbly submitted to the Father's will and went through persecution and mocking and even death in the most cruelest manner.  Why did he do this for me and us?  He did it because it was the only way, and he loves us.



In return for all of this, our Savior only asks us to come and follow him and use what he has given us.           3 Nephi 9:13 from the Book of Mormon reads,
"O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?"
I LOVE my Savior and what he has done for me.  I know he is mindful of all of our different situations.  I know that he lives and he speaks to us through a Prophet today.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's church established by him through a Prophet today.  I know that Christ himself is at the head of the Church.  I know he loves us all individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment