Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Search that yields great rewards

For a few weeks, my scripture study in the morning was centered around getting to know Jesus.  My mission president asked us as missionaries to study about our Savior as we were approaching the Christmas season.  I went through the scriptures and read as many scriptures about the Savior as I could for those few weeks.  Before this experience I knew about Jesus and definitely had a testimony about who he is and what he has done for me, but this experience helped me out a lot because I was able to learn a little bit more about the significance of who he is and what he did.  We can't learn too much about his life and who he is.  In 3 Nephi chapter nine in the Book of Mormon, Christ introduces himself and says:

13O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?
14Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.
15Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.
16I came unto my own, and my own received me not. And the scriptures concerning my coming are fulfilled.
17And as many as have received me, to them have I given to become the sons of God; and even so will I to as many as shall believe on my name, for behold, by me redemption cometh, and in me is the law of Moses fulfilled.
18I am the light and the life of the world. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

My challenge is for all of us to learn more about our Savior.  There is not a better time to start.  We may know about him already, but I know that we can always learn more.  I am including a website below where we can read more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment