Saturday, November 13, 2010

An Everyday Exodus

I like this picture.  It looks like a long hard journey ahead.  Though necessary, I don't know how excited a person could be beginning this journey.  I know that if I was about to begin this journey I probably wouldn't be very excited for all that lay ahead.  We have experiences kind of like this journey everyday in our lives.  Yesterday I had one of these experiences.  I really don't enjoy walking up to people's doors and knocking on them.  Really, it is nerve racking for me.  Nobody was home and it was a little cold out.  Elder Wells and I were having no success.  We were at the end of tracting, knocking on doors, when we meet with an individual who invited us in and was interested in our great message about a man that has been called by God to be a prophet today.


In life sometimes we do things that we don't really enjoy.  We do them because we know they must be done.  Sometimes God asks us to do hard things that push us.  This might be a change of lifestyle or giving some time.  As we going through it may not look rewarding, or like we are accomplishing anything.  A lot of the time we really don't see the reward until the end of our labor.  God will prepare a way and it will be bright at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment